Warehouse Team Member - Order Packer
Company: Stone Tile International Inc.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Stone Tile International is looking for a team member to assist with Warehouse Shipping
We are continuously looking for the best and most promising individuals to join our tightknit and unique team.
Who are you?
Do you find change exciting? Are you the type of person who thrives in organizations that are constantly adapting and evolving? Do you like being part of a team but can excel working autonomously? Do you love working with people and providing unparalleled customer service? If so, this may be the perfect job for you.
Over the 1+ years you’ve worked in a warehouse and/or in customer service you have proven to be innovative and an outside the box thinker who thrives on driving company improvement and efficiency. You are attentive to detail and can thrive with handling multiple priorities. You are proactive and helpful towards all coworkers and clients and prefer to be involved in the action than sit on the sidelines.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. This is an opportunity for you to build on your already strong skillset, take on responsibilities, and to continuously grow, in a company that is fast-paced, diverse, and family-oriented.
What will you do?
The Warehouse Team Member role has many diverse and interesting responsibilities, the primary ones are outlined below:
- Prepare orders in the packing areas
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Communicate with forklift operators on put back to stock requirements
- Label pallets that are going back to stock accordingly
- Ensure correct items are picked for each order
- Check and match lot numbers to pick tickets
- Count and pack the correct amount as calculated in SF or number of boxes
- Operate a manual pump truck to bring finished orders to their respective areas
- Use a scanner to pick and deposit floor-level locations
- Use a scanner to correctly execute item inquiries to ensure picking accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
- 1+ years experience in a warehouse related position
- 1+ years experience in a front faced customer service role
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Strong aptitude and ability to provide unparalleled customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Must be self-directed
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check
What is considered an asset?
- Valid Forklift license
- Knowledge of workplace safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for 80% of shift
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
Why Stone Tile?
Our attitude, approach and entrepreneurial spirit sets us apart from our competitors. We know our success comes from our people and we place a high emphasis on their wellbeing.
Stone Tile is rapidly growing as a company and we believe all members of our family should do the same. We care about our employees, which is why we believe in personal and professional growth and will work diligently to provide the support needed for you to reach your goals.
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible paid time off- float and sick days are provided annually
- Frequent team outings and company wide events including long weekends BBQs, Employee Appreciation day, games night, bagel breakfast, holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- New parent benefit bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Milestone Service Award
- Free parking
- Commitment to professional growth
Stone Tile is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. To request any accommodations, please specify in your application.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Application deadline: 2020-09-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- front faced customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- Forklift (Preferred)