Vans

Oceny wg kategorii

4,0Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (2192)

Chill Part time

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
Love management! Great discounts, the pay isn’t the best but cool for holidays nd a family atmosphere ! I would recommend for those who are first time job seekers

I like working here :)

I have been a sales associate at Vans for a couple of years while in school. It has a pretty solid company culture and employees feel valued at work. This company has competitive pay for entry level retail jobs, so it’s not a bad place to work as an adult student. I would recommend working here if you like Vans :) I will say, upward movement seems to be limited as far as being promoted within, and has a high turnover rate.

Plusy

Good culture, discounts, decent pay

Minusy

Repetitive work, pressure to sell, little upward movement

Stressful environment

Not very flexible with scheduling. Sometimes, we would only get 30 minute lunch breaks instead of the agree 1 hour lunch break. Co-workers were nice, but management was unbearable.

Fast pace low pay

Not what you expect it’s a good part time job. Don’t stay for long. Low pay and lack of progression. No benefits unless you’re full time and they like to make it hard to get there.

Loved the vibe

It was the 90’s but great for a student trying to work multiple jobs and go to school. The manager was a friend of mines mom she was awesome and I met my best friend of 29 years working at this store! Retail hours but fun environment with great discounts

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

It used to be great

Vans was great when I first started but now the company has no identity and the upper management up in corporate are just winging it. They make you do all of this pointless stuff with no direction or resources. But the discount is cool.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fun workplace for high schooler

This is an easy job for someone who is looking for an easy part time job. The pay definitely fits the job but you won’t find an easier job. If you do not like retail this is not the job for you.

Corrupt upper management

Only apply if you think you can get an upper management spot. Corporate says they’re all about internal transfers but they only ever hire external for upper management, not even giving the people who deserve it and have put in the work a chance.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fun at first, quickly tiring

It can be fun and pretty chill at first, coworkers are great. However, they hire way too many associates which results in only 2-3 four hour shifts a week most of the time. Management is fine, with a few exceptions. They also allude to promotion of associates and then don't deliver.

Plusy

Good discount at vans and many other brands owned by parent company VF.

Minusy

Little hours, can get tedious.

Fun and Eventful

It's nice to get to know a lot of different people with different styles all wanting to buy Vans. The coworkers are usually laid back making it fun to go to work and handle all of the customers. I've been working there for 3 years now and I have no complaints besides getting very low raises once a year. Besides that management is understanding and will listen to whatever problems/concerns you have.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fun workplace with good pay

Great starting job with competitive salary, environment is super easygoing and coworkers definitely make the experience all the more fun. Management is strong and there are amazing leaders that can guide the team, as well as bring up performances from the staff.

Plusy

Cool discounts, competitive salary, time off, fun environment

Minimal hours (4hr shifts), no benefits for PT
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

fun place to work and great employee discount

worked for the company for 3 years at multiple locations; easy to get along with everyone, great discount, just hard to get promoted or get enough hours

50 % discount, great coworkers, laid back environment

Minusy

inconsistent hours, hard to get time off during holiday months

Terrible management

I started off as a sales associate and was able to quickly work my way up into management. This role pays fairly well for the work that’s being performed. However, DOR’s aren’t ever clear, current store manager is extremely abrasive and isn’t receptive to criticism, communication is very ineffective, and scheduling is very poor. This role is good if you’re wanting retail management experience, but would strongly advise to not stay long term.

Ran by children.

Extremely hostile and immature working environment. No help from managers.My managers were drunk on the job and it was an INTENSELY petty and vindictive culture.You’ll pull your hair out and you will be gaslit regularly.Get your free shoes and run like “heck”.

Don’t do it

Don’t do it. No work life balance, you’ll always work on holidays and they will for sure take advantage of you. The discount isn’t even as good as it used to be. Stay clear
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Great people to work with

Everyone you come across is cool. Management was understanding for the most part. great place to work at. Most customers were cool. of course you get your couple of complaints but easily worked out situations.

great environment

Minusy

not enough hours were given.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Good place to work out, everyone’s friendly, good management,

Good company only con is when the work slows they tend to send people home. Worked with a good team. Friendly supervisors. The environment is chill but when it gets busy everyone is on point and work well with others.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

What is the best part of working at the company?You get shoes for freeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Pay time off

Awesome workplace

Overall amazing workplace. Great people who work there and such a huge diverse community. They are super respectful on peoples lives and are a very people focused company. Only downside would be a few bad apples but honestly company has never put me through any bad mental health and I am usually always looking forward to work.

Discounts

Short breaks
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Super fun and amazing work enviroment

I absolutely love my job (currently work there). I've always loved vans way before I applied there. Once I got that email saying they'd love to hire me, I literally ran out of the house. Out of all my job experiences, this job is my favorite. Management is so good, even though it can be difficult. The atmosphere is so welcoming. I especially love my co-workers. Although the pay isn't too well, which is really because of the hours, I still stay. I'll be moving soon, and I loved the job so much I asked for a transfer to another store near where I will be moving. I so recommend this job to anybody who loves fashion and just wants a flexible work environment.

Plusy

50% off all items, good pay, access to exclusive items, good working environment, benefits

Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fun place to work part time

Awesome employee discount. I was part time averaging 6-8 hours a week and really just went in and did what I had to do and left. Management could be better but that’s not the company’s fault.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Vans. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena