Tesco
3,7 na 5 gwiazdek
Otrzymuj cotygodniowe aktualizacje, nowe oferty pracy oraz opinie

Opinie pracowników firmy Tesco

Stanowisko
Lokalizacja
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (16 696)
Kultura pracy
dzieki pracy mozna poznac ew. klientów.jesli nie dostanie sie podwyzki lub awansu, lub przedłuzenia pracy.- generalnie brak dodatkowych mozliwosci rozwoju choc marka na to poczatkowo nie wskazywała.- raczej nie dokonca dobrze dobrane kierownictwo - zarzadzanie - spowodowany trzymaniem stołków
- wmiare ok
Minusy
- brak awansu, kierownictwo wystraszone moimi możliwościami nie przedłużali umowy.
Kultura pracy
Worked here as a Festive colleague and enjoyed it so muchDays consisted of : unpacking deliveries, stocking shelves, working on the till and speaking to customers daily Nice place to work where all colleagues are very friendly and welcoming and would recommend to anyone wanting to work in a fast paced, fun environment
Plusy
Good management and good pay
Long 9 hour shifts
Kultura pracy
Entitled to a hour and a half break but never enough time to have it, and then the company won’t pay you for it, not supportive of working parents, company constantly making cut backs and putting employees under pressure. Minimum wage, long unsociable hours, no security, told I had to work even though I had no childcare, awful company, and work their employees to the ground. Managers/area managers don’t care either.
Unpaid breaks not taken
Kultura pracy
Worked as a replenishment assistant at Tesco. Very self-directed work, you choose when to take your breaks and we had no numeric goals to meet. We were also allowed to listen to music which helped the nights pass. The pay could be better though for night shift work.
Kultura pracy
Was only there for a few weeks but everyone made me feel welcome during those times. Tescos was fun as your always doing something and never sitting around bored and for e thiis a key factor in why I enjoyed working there so much.
Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę
Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym
Kultura pracy
Depending on where you’re working, the experience can be a bit different. Generally, Tesco is a good place to work. Good pay, availability of hours, very social.
Good breaks
Kultura pracy
I had a great time working for TESCO. The management was super helpful with everything and all the colleagues where so nice. They work really well around you especially if you're a student as they made sure I wasn't over working myself. The culture is so positive and they always makes sure that you're OK with what ever you're doing. The pay is also very good especially for younger people.
Kultura pracy
Enjoyed my time at Tesco, worked in a variety of roles such as Dot Com, stock replenishment, checkout operator, work hard and good pay for my age so can't complain
Kultura pracy
N/AI got along great with my team leader.He then left to go to another store, and the atmosphere was never the same. The place was dull and boring and had no spark.
Could be
Kultura pracy
I worked 10 week seasonal on nights stacking shelves and till training it was extremely busy at times fast paced but loved every minute other colleagues were so helpful and friendly management was extremely helpful and nice people benefits were good if they had full time spaces doing the same job I would go back straight away loved it
Plusy
Free drinks and some food
Short contracts
Kultura pracy
Don't work with this company if you have a illnesses which could affect your day to day life or ir you are a carer for someone don't believe in unpaid carers
Minusy
Have to pay for hot drinks and no hot meals for staff over night
Kultura pracy
Poorly managed thru out the entire company you can be sat waiting to deliver to some stores for between 2/4 hours no one cares then you return to the depot and are accused of time wasting Frequently sending multiple vehicles to the same stores half empty oh and don’t bother having an opinion or trying to tell management how to improve anything everything is ignored only way people progress in the company is to be really bad at the job they currently do
Kultura pracy
Mila atmosfera spokojna bez stresowa praca dogodne godziny pracy do omówienia z kierownikiem
Nocne godziny pracy
Praca po 12 godzin
Kultura pracy
After spending over a decade, I could clearly say that is the worst decision ever made. In the beginning it was all bells and whistles but once you get into it deeper, you see how blood sucking Tesco machinery is. The only people who would get promoted are those that lick a hole without showing any real potential. Also, they are the sneakiest people in the shop, one bad word about the shop and it ends up in store manager ears.Guys you work with could be good and decent and could come to some sort of agreement.Management is terrible, looking only for what is good for them. Have no idea of how to work with good people. Instead promoting ones with no interest IQ less than a size a of a pea. Tesco needs sheeps so if you are one of them, feel free to join.
Plusy
Cant get fired, no matter what you do, pays the bills, student job
Minusy
Bad pay, working like a horse for others, bad management, no flexibility from them, not "family" oriented business, No progression
Kultura pracy
It's not about what you can do but about who you are. Strong on recruiting several members of the same family as long as they are part of the "clan". Very likely to recruit from different countries /ethnicities but just to make the company look inclusive. Some managers don't have any people skills, some grunt, some snap, and some are illiterate.
Pay rates, free food
Some colleagues
Kultura pracy
ranní fejsování , naučil jsem se hodně , přísné vedení ,nejtěžší bylo vyhledávaní chybějíci zboží , rotace a doplnování
sladké odměny
mín lidí a hodně práce
Kultura pracy
Great people to work in a team with not too hard and stressful can take your time as long as you finish everything in time. Fun place to work at and great salary
Staff discount
Minusy
Sometimes not enough to do
Kultura pracy
I temporarily worked as a Tesco customer delivery driver due to be currently out of work in the entertainment sector due to covid restrictions. the customer delivery driver contract is offered as a part-time 30-hour contract with a competitive salary. You work 3, 11-hour shifts per week over days that vary and can drive from anything up to 230 kilometres per day delivering to on average 16 - 25 houses per day and from my experience, however, this can vary per store. . As part of the job you are trusted with an impressive fleet of vans that are very safe to drive, you will, however, drive treacherous country backroads to get to customers houses which can be quite dangerous and stressful. To navigate these you would have to be quite an experienced driver or be familiar with driving these roads as I can imagine people from cities would be very uncomfortable driving them. the contract of 30 hours is unusual as I think it is both unsuitable for people looking to work part-time while in college as it's a lot of hours or for someone looking to work full time it's not really enough hours. I would encourage Tesco to review this as I feel it would turn a lot of people off from applying for the role. All in all, Tesco is a great company to work for and the management are spot on as long as you do your job correctly :) Another little bonus is that you can meet some very nice and interesting people when delivering to customers houses.
freedom scenic
Minusy
not enough hours dangerous roads long days
Kultura pracy
As a low level General Assisant: I would recommend this as a good place to work for someone who just wants to pay the bills but you will never really get a high paid job here as even if you develop here and work your socks off and get promoted the wages are pretty low. As a Line Manager: I was a manager here for 9 years, working at several different stores across the South East and didn't realise until I left how much more Manager's get a paid in other industries until I left. I'm glad I left as I earn a lot more now yet less pressure is put on me by my company. Tesco expects it's managers to work all the hours under the sun and not get paid for it and pay a very basic yearly salary. It's a shame because other aspects of the company are very good. They treat there Customer Assistants very well and the employee benefits are pretty good. There is also an encouraged fun culture which is nice. Bottom line is, don't put your whole lift into it because there isn't much reward for it. Also some of the store managers can be quite nasty to line managers if you aren't willing to work for free whilst they pop in and out of work whenever they fancy! A nice short day here and there thinking nobody will notice.....
Plusy
Great as a part time job at a low level, good employee benefits.
Minusy
Manager's are expected to work for free, expected to work all the hours under the sun with only a basic salary.
Kultura pracy
Very clinky management not professional at all of your face doesn’t fit they make your life unworkable until they can get you to either leave of your own accord or find some reason to sack you .
Nice colleagues
Bad management
Kultura pracy
I'm a driver and I've never enjoyed a job so much in my life as I do this one.I love talking to the customers, hearing their stories, helping the vulnerable, driving the different vans (electric and diesel), visiting different areas and completing any mandatory training.Granted the pay isn't the best but the discount on products is useful and being in a job I really enjoy doing outweighs the lower pay issue.The job keeps you fit and strong, you might have the odd challenging day when you feel a bit sore the day after but it's just like doing a mild gym workout, nothing major. We are expected to deliver to flats where there is no lift. Please don't apply unless your willing to do this as we have lovely customers and this will be letting them down. If you like engaging with people, like driving and want to keep fit then this is for you.
Canteen, team spirit