Tesco

Oceny wg kategorii

3,7Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (765)

Good pay nice people

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
Good pay , bonuses each year if company meets targets . You meet good people and can advance easily but not great on work life balance unless you have contracted shifts , the tend to give you two contracted shifts and require you to fill out a ‘availbity’ form so you can be called in when needed within 48 hours so hard to plan ahead

Busy

Its very hard work loved my staff makes the jobs a lot easier. Endless jobs to be done. Some manager lovely and easy to speak to others not so much. Expect a lot of hours and don't understand college work balance so much. Part time hours tend to be too much. But its handy for those that need the hours. Premium pay on Sundays and loads of areas to work in. Overall enjoyed working there not for those who don't like to be kept busy.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Bad management don't do there hours it's a click

Bad management work you like a dog they come and go as they please. Hard to get weekends off work life balance is rubbish. Don't do teamleader anyway no training wing it yourself give anyone the key to lock the shop so the managers don't have to do it specially expresses.. don't do it to urself never had anxiety before I worked there..

Holidays

Minusy

Work life balance bad.bad management..

Not fun very stressful

Get treated like mud off the floor always spoken to if you’re a peace of mud on the floor Must be trained in all aspects of the job roll on the job so training is not only physically shown you watched video and sign off on the computer saying your trained.No one to one training as I was at the start back in 2004

Just tea and coffee 10% discount after being there for 3 months

Minusy

Expect to work over time or forced to

Very good

Good plac e to work very friendly people and managers, never under pressure relaxed place to work on easy job not too much lifting all places to deliver to are easy to manoeuvre in even for newly passed

Free food

Weekends

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

Flexibility

Very flexible within my role as a delivery driver, my managers have been accommodating as I take part in training outside of work hours to complete my Class 1 HGV test.

Flexible, Good work life balance

Unpredictable changes within management

Okay

Fun for teenagers but lack of stability with hours and bad managers means it’s hard to work if you have bills to pay ect can’t rely on the shifts being available
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

No support from area management

Tesco say that they are inclusive & are flexible, I explained when starting work that I could only do so many hours due to having 2 lifelong auto immune disorders, was constantly called on my days off to go in to work, attitude of Area manager was disgusting, no life work balance at all & some senior staff had attitude if I called in sick.

Colleague clubcard

Minusy

Overworked & not paid correct hours

Stressful and understaffed

Very understaffed, unrealistic expectations (from managers) and rude customers. What is there to like? It used to be fun but it has gone downhill recently.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Very busy and always something to do. Great team atmosphere.

I worked for Tesco a long time ago, 2005-2010 so I'm not new to the company. It is a very busy shop to work in and there is always something to do. The Team at our Branch are great, friendly and welcoming to new members of the team.

Busy!

Be prepared to work hard. It’s not an easy job lifting all the heavy items into a cadge at a fast paste. Scan the items as the things says just common sense really…. Can train up so is room for improvement just may take a while.

Discounted gym membership

Minusy

Hard graft - meeting the percentage

Nice place to work

Was lovely to work there but toilet break was very hard to get when busy. I suffered bowel cancer in 2020 had operation so when I needed toilet had to go but was hard to get off the checkout.

Free fruit

Short breaks
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Poor management .. don’t fix a problem until last resort , you’ll be expected to do more then you can do in the hours you work , the pay is standard for a supermarket

Get treated like children

Lots of repetition. Don't really get a say in anything. Turn up/ get paid. Great if you like listening to Heart FM/Kisstory every shift and spoken down to like a child regardless of age.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Want to get rid of longer serving employees

Not bad, pays the bills, too interested lately in being woke and not looking after employees who have dedicated many decades in building relationships with customers
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Long times worked night shifts. Some people wont like them njmber

Night shifts are ok but not for everyone. A long time ago due to many other reasons why I left. Cannot say to much about it nowadays as don't really remember. Ok

Free clothing to start

Minusy

Travel distance if not have a car
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Depends on what department you work in

Every department has a different level of skill and productive. Each section as it's good and bad part of the job. It is what you make of the job.If you are not a early person then Dot com might not be for you.

Toxic environment

Treated as a number and favoritism is rife with hard working people made to feel lesser than the managers pals.Certain individuals get sought out to be given very easy jobs while others are made to do the hardest jobs every single day.

Decent first job

Tesco was my first workplace and taught me pretty much all there is to know about working in retail, the salary is great for 16/17 year olds. It does get busy and demanding around Christmas time which is understandable. The staff were really friendly and helpful - atleast in my Tesco. The interview was easy and the interviewers were kind and not patronising. I will admit I had to learn some of the things by myself as I shadowed existing workers for only 3 days before I was thrown into it myself but I managed.

Fun face

Fun face paced nice working environment good staff and well managed loads of jobs to do fair wage is paid for this job you can work your way up staff

Brilliant for Customer Experience

Every day was completely different. It was exciting to talk/chat with the customers who were loading and unloading their shopping. Hundreds of people came through my cashier point but only two people complained. I utilized my previous customer experience to handle this role, but I learned a lot more about what people want from a shopping experience by working as a cashier.The hardest part of the job was waiting to ask for permission to go to the toilet. Open tills must be manned at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer communication. I really miss that, now I no longer work there. My job role was a seasonal one, but I would do it again if I could. There were free drinks and breakfasts provided, which could be easily turned into a free snack or lunch/supper, to keep you going and every day free groceries were added to the staff baskets in the canteen which were also free. After 6 months you would be entitled to a shopping discount.You could work part time or full time and asked which hours you preferred. Only disadvantage was that you had to work at least one day over the weekend.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Tesco. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena

Porównaj Tesco z

• Firmy
  • Tesco
  • Opinie pracowników
Jak możemy poprawić tę stronę?
Co Twoim zdaniem należałoby dodać lub zmienić?