SkyEng

Oceny wg kategorii

4,4Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (152)

I enjoyed working with many friends and they have a nice training so you can grow.

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
I enjoyed working with many friends and they have a nice training manager so you can grow and change to another areas. They will give you a user account where you can have access to many books.

Plusy

you can choose your working hours

salary is too low

I have the best team

I like a free schedule - without a rigid reference to time. I like that colleagues work towards achieving the goal. I have a very good leader who helps in any matter, it's very cool)

Plusy

Working conditions, free schedule, manager, colleagues, interesting tasks

Minusy

Lots of work, would like more bonuses

Wasted 3 years of my life

Every year they would invent something new to make the workers life worse. Paid 20-40% from the initial price of the lesson depending on your experience. Managers always try to find something to make your payment even less.

The clients

The company
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Better team and comfortable remote work

Flexible schedule (you can work when it is convenient, the main thing is to implement everything), interesting tasks with reality for the product, there is no strict hierarchy (everyone’s thoughts are necessary and important, they listen to listening), the work that I do is important for people - our users ( we help teachers and students learn easily, accept smarter and generally make life easier for them), greater openness

Good experience, nice people

It was a good place to gather experience, meet good people, learn things.But because of poor finances I should do way more things, that would normally take 2 or 3 different people to do, working almost every day for 9-10-11 hours. Nobody knows about work life balance, you are contacted at any time.

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

Good place for a start

The best thing about this company is you can create your schedule, and they will find students according to your availability. They provide classroom materials, and it's easy if you have 0 teaching experience.When I started, I had a manager, and we had monthly meetings to evaluate my success and just chat about the position. Later, they abolished this position, and since then, I didn't have any manager or anyone supervising my job. There technically are people who you can ask for help, but in general, you are there alone

Plusy

They pay for your international language exams

No career growth
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Productive and great way to get experience

Skyeng is a fun, productive and easy going company. I enjoyed meeting the students with different backgrounds. It’s a good way to enter into the esl industry

Teacher

It is a great variant of remote job. You can work from any location and spend good time helping people improve their level of English. Also, there are training sessions to improve teaching skills.

Remote

Minusy

No guarantee to have enough hours
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Good for beginners in education sphere

Sometimes I didn't feel supported enough in the completely remote environment of this company. However, it was nice to be a part of such a huge community of people like myself. The "revolving door" in the means of recruiting new young teachers is somewhat off-putting especially to more experienced workers.

Great online English school

Great working culture and management. Quick responses to questions and flexible working hours. Sometimes students will skip lessons but this is mostly rare and this can sometimes be frustrating as a teacher.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Comfortable platform to work with

The platform used to be better. Materials are interesting, but still need to be improved. Main disadvantage would be low salary. Management is pretty good.

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante

buona esperienza. Ogni giorno si impara qualcosa di nuovo.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

It´s a good place to work.

I really like working on Skyeng. The work environment is great. Amazing supervisors and colleagues. There´s a good balance in professional-personal life. When you start working you receive training and from time to time the employees have meetings that help you keep track of the work and to have better results.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Opportunities to develop and meet interesting people

Work as much as you want (with minimum 12 hr a week, crystal clear payment system, a good bonus system, lots of interesting people among co-workers and clients.

Flexible hours

Minusy

The salary could be higher

Great platform and content

Aprendes mucho con los entrenamientos para profesores y la plataforma es muy buena, pero la paga es demasiado baja para los requerimientos que tienen.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Flexible schedule but really low pay

The schedule is really flexible, since you can customize it to your needs, you don't get paid a lot though, and there is currently a lot of problems going on internally.

English Teaching

Everything depends on the individual, being a freelancer is good, but the company don't care about work-life balance, The more you work the more you earn, also employees are not valuable for what they do additionally few people recognize your effort and how you contribute to the company's success.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

One of the worst job experiences I have ever had

SkyEng is a terrible company to work for. They DEMAND so much while paying so little, it's absurd. Management does not care about you. You are just a number to them, and you better abide by everything they say. They change school policies out of nowhere and you are expected to just accept it and move on. They keep messaging teachers every month for them to ask students to have additional classes so their credits run out faster and they buy more lessons. You not only have all the duties of a teacher but also of a salesman (while barely getting paid for one job position alone).Don't expect the company to take care of you properly. This company is based in Russia, and due to the conflicts at the moment, their currency has dropped astronomically. They decided to "pay in USD" but they're just converting RUB to USD at the current exchange rate. So while each class used to be $3 for the teacher, now it's barely $2. And when you bring it to their attention? They just say "Yeah, you lost money."Meanwhile they're getting paid in Euros and Dollars and making a much larger profit now that their currency is basically worthless.Again, I cannot say this enough. Do not even consider working for this company if you have ANY other option. It's extremely exploitative and disrespectful.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Flexible, friendly, and most importantly remote job place

Pros 1. create your own schedule, work remotely from wherever you want. 2. materials are already created for every possible situation. 3. you don't need to search for students, you get them automatically. 4. management handles the administrative issues. 5. Very friendly atmosphere, cool colleagues, mentors. 6. Teaching tutorials for beginners. 7. A lot of free workshops to improve skills.8. Free psychological support.9. Cool students from around the worldCons are 1. not so high salary, in Rubles 2. technical issues with the platform, which disturb the lessons sometimes. 3. A lot of formality, meeting parents. 4. Hard to control your KPI.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Okay for extra money but it's really an IT company.

What's unfortunate about this online, English-teaching company is that it is more about IT than teaching. While it has some decent material, it seems obvious that it was written by people that are not native speakers. As for the pay, it's okay, but there is a cap and you can never go higher. So, it's an okay gig for some side finance.

Plusy

The students are great, you can make your own schedule, etc.

Minusy

Pay cap and material is not the most effectively designed.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Remote work position with a lot of flexibility

The position itself is remote so you are the one setting the hours. However, there are always peak hours so in order to get more lessons you need to align your hours with that. The management is quite helpful, you easily feel like you're part of a big family despite everyone being on different sides of the world. The pay is the downside, by all means, but the understanding and respect you get from the students and the management somewhat make up for that.

Flexible working hours

Low payrate
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w SkyEng. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena