Otrzymuj cotygodniowe aktualizacje, nowe oferty pracy oraz opinie

Opinie dot. stanowiska Senior Associate w firmie KPMG

Stanowisko
Senior Associate160 opinii
Lokalizacja
Wszystkie
Znaleziono 160 opinii pasujących do wyszukiwania
Zobacz wszystkie opinie (6614)
Kultura pracy
The projects are exciting and unique in the federal space, but too often advancement within the firm is tied to contracts and not ability. Work life balance depends on your manager. I used to have an amazing work life balance. Now, I am forced to be a butt in a seat despite the work flow or lack thereof.
1,0
Kultura pracy
Poor off-boarding processes where bosses ask you to leave early from notice period to save money.
Poor promotion prospects in the year. No business in the company. Bonuses delayed. Hired employees asked to delay employment.

Boring dinosaur slow company in adopting technology. Slow internet processes. No one wants to decide.
Plusy
Leave can accumulate but can't use
Minusy
Poor pay compared to other roles outside. No appreciation of staff
2,0
Kultura pracy
Learnt a lot of Excel, stakeholder management and different cultures. The environment is strict, and the pace is highly fast and stressful. I did enjoy the people and I think that the leadership style could be less hierachial.
Kultura pracy
KPMG (in Nigeria) is great for the experience (sometimes international), exposure and prestige. Everything else including your skills, education, growth, wealth, health (and so on) is up to you.
Kultura pracy
Culture is driven by the practice leaders - the environment is set by the partner, which can be a good or bad thing. Good place to start your career, but a small but noticeable step down from the Big 4 leaders.
Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę
Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym
Kultura pracy
This was a stressful yet intresting job where multiple assignments were to be completed simultaneously. Coordianting with clients and preparing financial statements and deliverables.
2,0
Kultura pracy
I don’t doubt that experience for consultants isn’t bad, but the back office BPG jobs here are god awful - think admin/ resource management, EMC, marketing, HR, recruiting, etc. middle managers skate by doing nothing. Raises are non existent.
Little pressure
Everything else
Kultura pracy
My rating for KPMG work culture is unpredictable. because the it was a wonderful experience for mr to work over there. Gaining new knowldges and life balance system is very helpful in KPMG
Kultura pracy
Good place to learn, many exposure. Colleagues are friendly and easy to get along with. Gain a lot of experience in term of group reporting and listed company experience.
Flexible
-Excellent culture
-Benefits and PTO are outstanding

-Solid place as a base platform for a young person's career

-Co-workers are genuinely bright and great to learn from

-Great client exposure
Kultura pracy
I worked with many great people but many leave after a few years. Projects can be hit or miss but the good ones really helped me learn a lot and take on bigger responsibilities. Overall, a decent place to start a career.
Kultura pracy
I was at KPMG for a number of years. It was a good starting point but ultimately not somewhere I wanted to stay. There was a lot of opportunities to move around the company which I took and that gave me a well rounded experience.
1,0
Kultura pracy
The firm has become very harsh on its employees. After working endless nights for years, I confronted my manager about a promotion and it does not seem to be in the cards. Honest pay for hard work does not seem to be an option for this place anymore
Kultura pracy
KPMG as an organization is a great place to start or continue your career, however, the busy season in the audit department can be really exhausting because you have to work late nights and weeends.
Kultura pracy
Great place to work. Positive environment. Nothing negative to say other than indeed forces me to type 150 characters so now I will ramble a little bit.
Kultura pracy
I worked here for my first six years out of college. I learned a great deal in that time and got to travel and see some interesting places. It was a great place to learn internal audit.
Kultura pracy
Been with KPMG going on 5 years. Opportunities for growth are limited for people with primarily a technical skillset. Tax knowledge is vital to advancement in the Tax Technology practice (which makes sense), unless you are in procurement or some administrative group. You WILL be kept busy, which is good.

KPMG "celebrates diversity", and constantly nags employees to contribute to community. But they do not really give a "we care about you as an individual" vibe (in my experience). Some walk the walk issues here. For example recently management encouraged people to use their Sunday to go to an MLK public gathering... but didn't (and never has) given employees MLK day off. They claim to honor veterans but don't give that day off either. In fact there are only about 6 holidays (8 days) off a year unless Partners are feeling particularly generous, they they give a couple extra at year end. During the summers they give what they call Jumpstart Friday (can leave work at 3PM) but client work still comes first, and Manager and above better not be unreachable nights and weekends or you take flack for it.

KPMG pays no overtime, doesn't compensate for extra time put in either, so there is very little incentive to give them any extra. They have a bonus program where people can nominate co-workers for awards... but cap at $1,000 per recipient per year, silly. High achievers should not be limited, they should be encouraged to do more and more. But they do have good work remote and flex hours for jobs that support that kind of lifestyle. I hear some people feel worked to death and they
 - więcej...
Plusy
People say thank you. Can take time off if you need to.
Minusy
Bonuses are skimpy, advancement opportunities hard to come by
Good for career growth

Commensurate remuneration

Exposure to different clients

Constant training
Kultura pracy
Get to work on challenging audits, tax and other projects. Learn from smart people in the industry. Learn about different clients in different industries.
Kultura pracy
When projects are under pressure, the hours are insane. Logged 80 hour weeks when things were crazy but when management failed to bring in new clients we were left on the bench thus killing utilization.
Kultura pracy
Great job to build a resume and to get a "Big 4" accounting firm in your background. You will enjoy KPMG if you are a super competitive person who really wants to advance your career. If you want a smaller firm environment this is not for you.
Profil potwierdzony
Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?
Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w KPMG. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.
Ogólna ocena