Opinie pracowników firmy Keywords Studios

Znaleziono 10 opinii pasujących do wyszukiwania Zobacz wszystkie opinie (84)
Sortuj według: przydatności | oceny | daty
1,0
Keywords Studios = frustration and demotivation
Player Support Agent (były pracownik) –  Katowice, Poland7 października 2019
I do not recommend working at Keywords Studios (Katowice).

There is no stabilization - you can be fired anytime, it doesn't matter if you have signed a permanent employment contract.

The salary is low, unfortunately. Dear management - you know that even small pay rises are motivating? And yes, people need the money and go to work mostly because of money. Surprising, huh?

The office is in terrible condition. There are stains on the floor and ceiling, the toilets (two for the whole office, wow!) are dirty, the sink is often clogged and the flush is broken from 3 months. Stupid toilet paper is very often missing.

There are two small kitchens, also dirty and ugly, with old furniture and missing cutlery. Also, ants and spiders like to visit the office from time to time.

We have fruits - apples and bananas mostly. People are trampling themselves on stairs to get a bunch of bananas because they know they will have to wait some time for the next food throw.

We have a "chill room" with two Playstation and Switch consoles and a few board games. But you can't spend too much time there, because you'll get a slap on the wrist (unless you are a Shift/Team Lead).

There are no company parties, because "we have no money". At the same time, the boss makes monthly business trips.

The atmosphere is terrible because everyone is afraid they will be laid off. Also, many of our friends were fired. Management don't understand that people and a nice atmosphere are what make you want to go to work.

They do not respect people. They don't care about you and your situation. People
  więcej... here are 100% disposable resources. You feel like you mean NOTHING. It's really demotivating.

There are no chances for promotion. Stay where you are and be grateful to have a job!

The healthcare is poor and there are no appointments available so you have to use your own money to go to the private doctor anyway. They offer a Multi-Sport card, but that's all. Nothing else.

There are no drink/snacks machines - boss does not allow "unhealthy snacks" because he CARES about our health (he knows you won't be able to book a doctor's visit). Milk and coffee are often missing.

Nepotism is a big issue, but everything has already been said on this topic.

The boss is canceling negative opinions here instead of facing the facts and reflecting himself about the way he "manages" the office.

I was very excited at the beginning and the work was fun. But after some time everything has changed - what a pity! It could be a really nice workplace, but well.

I hope my review won't be canceled. You know it's the worst move you can make, right?
  zwiń
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 36NieZgłoś
17 października 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate the details, as this helps us address a variety of concerns.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and will take all feedback to heart as we continue to make Keywords the best it can be.

Kultura pracy
Great promises, big expectations, low outcome (Katowice)
Player Support Agent (były pracownik) –  Katowice11 września 2019
I was really excited to enter the gaming industry, by taking this job offer. At the start, it looked good. I was able to work with a major title met great people.

Sadly the management kind of s**ks. They are promising much, but nothing's delivered until you realize that you are just an expendable seat filler, no matter how good you are and how many things outside of your job's scope you do for the company. The advancement possibilities are non-existent which is sad (I even took part in the leadership training program for future leaders, just to acknowledge that it's ending in the middle and to be terminated a few months later). We have been fed with empty promises of new projects for about half a year and eventually, 20 or so people have been terminated. I clearly can't understand how a big, global company could not find a single project in half a year. Moreover, they said the only thing we need is the client's signature, so I guess it's not the fault of the sales unless they are completely unprepared to do their job (I force myself to believe, they are not).

I can recommend this job for people that don't want much because they will clearly not get much. Getting into the gaming industry is a plus, however.

Sadly, this could be a great company, if only they could deliver.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 11Nie 2Zgłoś
17 października 2019

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Our industry is very dynamic, so confirming and implementing projects may often take longer than expected. Offering secure employment conditions is very important to us. We always do our best to move employees internally and offer them career opportunities in other departments when feasible.

We thank you for your time at Keywords and are sorry to hear the experience was disapppointing for you. We wish you the very best as you move forward in your career.

3,0
Kultura pracy
Fun work in a castle made of sand
Player Support Agent (były pracownik) –  Katowice6 września 2019
From the top:

Studio Manager has issues with communication - keeps his employees in dark about most thíngs. There are some issues with nepotism, as he employs his giflfriend, her brother and the girlfriend of said brother,
The only agent working remotely (and who was allowed to do that) is managers brother.

Communication on any line other than floor agent to some higherup is poor. HR is the only department communícating well. You can learn more about the company and its state from rumours than the official sources.

Benefits are lacking - there is "only" healthcare and Multisport benefits.
The contracted healthcare company is cheap and unreliable with a long wait time and scarce availability of doctors. There are fruits and coffee too.

The atmosphere is nice, but some of the employees have the "rat race" mentality. There are instances of people ratting out other people for negative outlook on the management or other work related things, which occur outside of work or public spaces.

The boss prídes himself in 'successfully' going from 0 to 200 employees in three months while ommiting the fact, that he has not created any safety net for all the people working on a single big project.

Agents with English and Polish feel like a dísposable esoce.
Plusy
People outside of management, chill room, work is fun
Minusy
scarce promotion opportunities, nepotism, boss thinks he's right about everything, lack of stability
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 30NieZgłoś
17 października 2019

Hello and thank you for this feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience.

Communication is very important to us and we are working towards making it more efficient by improving e-mail communication and organizing Q&A sessions with employees.

We aim to provide attractive benefits to employees, such as sports card and private health care, which are one of the most popular benefits offered by companies in Poland. We work closely with our providers to make sure services meet our standards and take actions in case they do not.

We are happy to hear that you liked the atmosphere in the office, that is important to us!

We wish you the best in your career!

Kultura pracy
Avoid PS, chose another departement... or a different company
Player Support Specialist (były pracownik) –  Katowice, Poland3 września 2019
As a former Keywords PS agent in Katowice I can say that the bad opinions about Keywords PS are correct. Some people there were fired because of lack of work. Also, people were not warned way ahead to find a better job. What makes is worse is fact that lots of them were working there from the very beginning of PS history.
To conclude, while people were being discharging from work, the other guys were getting rises (Katowice).

Of course there are some advantages of working there, as nice and friendly environement, working with videos games, 40 mins of break (changed to 30 minutes after the work regulation was created) fruit, animals at the office like ants, coffee, private health care and of course tropics for free during summer time.

If you are speak different language than English, they might want to give you a job position, but PLEASE keep in mind that this is a gaming industry, so nothing is stable there, they might want you to work on public holidays (while the management is off of course) or the afternoon shifts.

Nepotism and favouritism are relics of the past? I am sorry to say that not here....If you still want this job, then buy a jar of oil and make a good use of it.

Maybe things will get better in the future, but there must be some radical changes implemented.
Great colleagues
Minusy
The boss, nepotism, Lack of communication
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 27NieZgłoś
17 października 2019

Hello, thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts.

We are working hard to make our studio the best it can be and all feedback is valued. Positive changes are continually being made and we are proud of the hard work of our teams. We do wish you the best and again, appreciate your feedback.

5,0
Kultura pracy
Great place full of ungrateful people
Player support agent (były pracownik) –  Katowice3 września 2019
There have been some really negative comments regarding Keywords recently and I find it totally unfair.

I've been working there for almost a year already and I can't even imagine a better place to grow and get experience.

It is true that the organization is a complete mess and nobody really knows what is going on and what he can expect, but I don't mind it at all. Fresh fruits, coffee and water(cold and hot) is a fair compensation for those issues.

It is definitely a company which guarantees that you wake up in the morning with a positive attitude and continue throughout all day with a smile on your face. Even though you never know what surprise may await you. Just like Forrest Gump said once - "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get". Sometimes it may be nothing and sometimes a termination document. Life is full of surprises and Keywords is one the best I have ever experienced.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 11Nie 41Zgłoś
17 października 2019

Thank you! Your feedback is valued and appreciated and we love hearing about your positive experience. Our team is working hard to make Keywords the best it can be for all of our teams, and will continue to do so. Keep the feedback coming!

5,0
Kultura pracy
Great company, great management and nice atmosphere
player support Agent (obecny pracownik) –  Katowice, śląskie2 września 2019
I'm writting this review based on what I've been reading the last couple of days which is not fair.

I'm currently working in this company for 1 year, and I can say that this is one of the best companies I've worked in my last 15 years working experience.

The only negative issue about this company is hiring kids, or students, which I understand that the company doesn't have much options in the market but hiring them, those kids I believe posting all the nagative feedbacks now, because they are unexperienced enough to realize the the company they are criticizing might be the best opportunities you wil ever gave.

Here is why I believe this is a great company:

1- Usually no boss on spot, having a boss behind or infront of you every day causes extra stress, here your boss is usually overseas, you are managing your time based on your tasks.

2- Free coffee and fruits ( and yes , last company I was working in asked me to bring my coffee and sugar)

3- 40 mins break including your 8 hours shift. really? what company does that? my previous companies was giving us 15 mins, or ask you to work 30 mins extra for the 30 mins break you took. i was working from 8-16:30 because I had a 30 mins break.

4-International and professional atmosphere.

Overall, If you an experienced person who is seeking a great opportunity, and stable job, this is for you.
If you are a student or fresh graduate and believing that the great future is waiting for you, then neither this company nor other will satisfy your expectations, because you will not realize how great company this is until
  więcej... you see worse.  zwiń
Hiring students
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 4Nie 51Zgłoś
3,0
Kultura pracy
I wanted to work with games but Keywords was "game over" to me
Player Support Agent with English (były pracownik) –  Katowice1 września 2019
At first, I was really excited to work there. In the end, this job turned out to be a disappointment. As someone already mentioned, many people with English were laid off because the company wasn't able to find a new project. While I understand the decision, I'm disappointed that half a year was not enough for such a big company to find a project for even a few people and that over the course of the year, we were repeatledly calmed down by the manager that they want to keep us and are looking for new projects. The only sign of upcoming apocalypse was "we can't promise anything BUT...". So that's it, I feel a little bit betrayed as an employee.

Other things were not bad: salary was OK, paid overtime, free beverages and fruits, healthcare and multisport available for extra fee. As mentioned by someone else, the HR departament was really great, cheers to them. Also, the atmosphere created by other employees was fantastic.

The office itself was in bad condition, we had: ants, no AC, no heating in winter (people sat in winter coats for a few days). Parking was paid extra and the spots were limited. Deliveries of office supplies (not only coffee but paper towels, soap etc.) were often delayed.

To summarize - I wouldn't recommend this job if you are looking for something stable. Keywords in Katowice is in its infancy and a lot of mistakes is being made.
Plusy
private healthcare, multisport, working with games
Minusy
no stability, bad conditions in the office, questionable management
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 35Nie 1Zgłoś
17 października 2019

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We do our best to provide stable job opportunities and to further develop the studio. The nature of our industry is very dynamic, however we strive to always secure new projects for our teams.

We are happy that you valued our salary package, as well as the atmosphere of the studio.

We are continually working to further develop the office, making it a great place for new business and most importantly, our employees.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is valued.

Kultura pracy
A perfect company to grow... grow extremely frustrated
Player Support Agent (były pracownik) –  Katowice, Poland29 sierpnia 2019
Working as a foreing language agent at Keywords is not so bad - the salary is not terrible for some languages and you can be more or less sure you won't get randomly fired (which happens all the time with English speaking agents) and the schedules seem to be a little more flexible, since there is generally no need for 24/7 foreign language coverage.

You will still be disgusted by the fact that the manager basically makes all of the employees feel like they're 100% replacable, the labour law is often broken, your supervisors don't trust you a bit and many more.

Please also note that as a foreign language agent you pretty much don't have options of promotion because you're generally more valuable to the company as an agent (even if you are one of the best ones, that could easily coach or perform leader tasks).

I only recommend working at Keywords temporarily, to get some experience, and then move on to a more serious company that offers much more stable employment conditions and actually hires people to have them stay. Keywords hires young people, often being their first job, and this is perfect for the company, because these young people, students, don't know their rights that well yet or are simply too excited to be working in the gaming industry to care about their rights.

Otherwise, I'd rather recommend staying away.
free fruit, coffee, people
Minusy
empty promises, hardly any options of promotion, frequent cases of breaking the labour law, extremely poor management, no stability, no trust
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 39NieZgłoś
17 października 2019

Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear you had a difficult experience.

We value and respect each and every employee at Keywords Studios and our HR and Managment teams ensure labor law regulations are being followed.

We will take your feedback to heart and use this to continually improve our employees' experience.

Kultura pracy
Unprofessional at every possible level
Player Support Agent (były pracownik) –  Katowice, PL12 lipca 2019
Salary is very low and if you ask for a rise, you'll hear that you earn more than others so there is no reason for a rise. They tell you that you can choose when you want to work and then force you to work on the weekend even if you can't. The manager is trying to pretend he is chilled but he can't do even make sure if the air conditioner is working (even if there are over 30-Celsius degrees outside). Same situation with not working heating in the winter. Management treats you like garbage with no value. If you want a promotion, you need to stay in good relations with the manager.
The only good thing about this company is people (employees, not management) there and fruits.
Plusy
fruits, pizza days, gaming environment
everything else
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?Tak 31Nie 2Zgłoś
17 października 2019

Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We value all feedback, as it helps us improve in all areas that we can.

Salaries offered to our employees are competitive and they depend on various factors, such as previous experience, seniority and performance. When it comes to work schedules, we try to be as flexible as possible, but at the same time we need to respond to customer needs and offer coverage on weekends and evenings as well.

Our air conditioning unit was recently replaced by the landlord and any issues with heating were immediately reported and fixed.

We do wish you the best in your next endeavor.

Zobacz więcej opinii o firmie Keywords Studios

A może chcesz zobaczyć:

Profil potwierdzony

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Keywords Studios. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.

Zadaj pytanie