Five Guys

Oceny wg kategorii

3,4Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (6115)

I liked working there

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
working there was fun and I got to eat a free meal I just didn’t like some of the managers I don’t know if they are still there are not but one of the managers was very rude.

Great at the beginning

Culture was really great and everyone got on but the insecurity of shifts was a big factor of leaving because you could be working 30+ hours one week and just about 20 the next

Horrible place to work

Horrible place to work. They claim to give free meals but will only let you get a 1 patty hamburger. No cheeseburgers or anything else. They lie about the wage in the interview then tell you when doing paperwork that its $3 less than what they said in the interview. Also they only let you take 20 minute lunch. Management is generally very rude to new hires. They also refuse to let you wear medical devices when working

Short Breaks, Bad Management
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Alright job but not for minimum wage

The job consists of opening and closing which are very strenuous (Closing especially). You're not leaving on time if you work with a small crew. Management cares and works with your schedule, however.

terrible

management was BAD. expect to be talked about behind your back by the general managers and district manager. Theres always some sort of drama, and they only care about the managers to be honest.

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

A good work environment

Revolving door at GM IS THE ONLY negative of the job but a good group of co workers makes that much less important. I have been shown a great deal of respect from management and co workers alike

Great evironment

As long as you never call out or have a family emergency or arrive late even if you were in a car accident. It’s a great job but show up late or call out once, the manager will treat you like garbage and reduce your scheduled hours without telling you.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Hired me for a position but did no training for that position

Hired me for a position but did no training for that position.. not only but the GM at the time allowed employees do as they please and allowed staff to talk to management how ever they wanted..

Horrible
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fun workplace and easy money

Depending on the management team, the crew, and the store location, this job is great for first time workers, minors, young adults, and adults. Job tasks are easy, great pay depending on location. Work place can be fun depending on the workers. This job is great for people trying to get on their feet. I’m 19, been working for the company for almost 2 years. This job helped me get my first car and first place.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fast paced work environment filled with drama

Working at Five Guys started as a fast paced environment where I felt excited to learn how to do more but now it has just been stressful and quite frankly disappointing. I would not recommend working at this location the job culture has only gone downhill the entire time working here. You get a free meal per shift but the shifts can be very difficult with the rushes and without the proper teamwork to get everything done. I personally got paid less than everyone working there for about 5 months for no reason. I would not recommend working there unless you are extremely desperate for a job and don’t mind drama.

Free meal per shift

Minusy

Pay rates, job culture, work environment
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

fun workplace and good management

overall the management at the time was really good. the managers and the shift leaders understood I had an outside life as a highschooler and gave me a very very flexible schedule despite having a lack of workers on some occasions. even when they asked if I could come in, they were very understanding if I couldn't. the environment in at the location was really uplifting, unless there were some managers on duty, but most of them were very nice and humane. overall a good experience.

Not fair

I was put on floor majority of the time meaning I had to clean tables, toilets etc. while I feel like everyone else had a balance between. I feel though as I was one of the least favourites for whatever reason I was treated unfairly

Free lunches

Poor management

Amazing workplace

So far, in my experience, working here at Five Guys has been alright. I make minimum wage (which is $15/hr where I live), plus tips and pay day bonuses. On my first paycheck, I remember I got paid around $800 for 60 hrs in 14 days. My manager is alright, she usually works mornings and is flexible with the schedule. For day offs, you need to request it 14 days before; and if you’re calling in sick to a shift, she asks that we give minimum four hrs notice. It’s a lot of work, as everthing is made from scratch (raw and fresh potatoes, meat, veggies, fruits, etc.), but it’s worth it because of how much I get paid ($15/hr + tips + bonuses). At my store, we get 100% off on the clock, and 60% off when you come in not on the clock. I would recommend this job to a friend who really enjoys being busy while also giving great customer service.

Free meals

Hard work

A fun and working place

It is a good job. Everyone is super chill and fun but when it comes down to business everyone gets serious and gets the work done. It also gave me a chance to learn new things and experience working at a burger place

Free Lunches, Good teammates, easy learning job

Environnement de travail « particulier »

La culture d’entreprise est présente : mais il ne faut pas s’attendre à être traite dignement. La nouvelle directrice nommée ne se gêne pas pour écraser ses employés et manque complètement de tact. Le salaire est correct. Évolutions possibles si « bien vu de la hiérarchie »!

Walk on eggshells

Its a fun environment usually... But when the district manager or anyone higher up comes in, the entire environment atmosphere changes. Someone was fired just because he looked at the regional manager "funny". I've seen a lot of people fired and there usually isn't an adequate explanation; so you feel like your job is constantly at risk in general.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Inclusive and Hard Working work environment.

Working at five guys has been nothing short of enjoyable: always working closely with all the crew, working hard and the benefits are also quite good.

Plusy

Good pay regardless of age

Minusy

Contracted hours aren't always given
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Not the best but better than nothing

Working at five guys is stressful, they tend to reprimand you by constantly going back on their word, like pay and hours. Misleading on starting pay..

Plusy

Free meals after certain shifts

only 1 break per shift, toxic work environment, lack of quality leadership

Great Place to work

Its super hard work but definately rewards well - financially and recognition goes above and beyond. Shifts can be long but its always fun being part of a great team

Great pay

Good management, poor production

The people at the location I worked at were great. They were kind, understanding, and helpful. But the way the production line was set up was not very well thought out. There was no cue for when new patties needed to go down, you just have to turn around at the right moment. And if you miss that moment? Suddenly it becomes very difficult to figure out how many patties needed to go down. Overall, the managers and other staff were very nice and hard working. They always understood when I needed sick days or if I couldnt make it.

Good Management, free meal

Poor setup

Your basic food job

Management does nothing about any of the problems that are brought forward to them. And you are being paid for having managers that are being paid salary not doing anything.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Five Guys. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena

3,5 na 5 gwiazdek w kategorii Kultura pracy
  • Firmy
  • Five Guys
  • Opinie pracowników
Jak możemy poprawić tę stronę?
Co Twoim zdaniem należałoby dodać lub zmienić?