Dollar General

Oceny wg kategorii

2,8Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Znaleziono 32 970 opinii pasujących do wyszukiwaniaZobacz wszystkie opinie (32 982)

nice people with a great work environment

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
Working for dollar general is really nice its a nice laid back job that's easy to do but the only problem is the hours there extremely short if you work part time.

Good environment

no benefits

Fun to work for.

I enjoyed this job a lot. I was promoted 2 months after I started to assistant manager. I learned a lot from this job and they were easy to work for and the employees were nice to work with.

Its okay

It’s not as bad if you have a good store manager but in my opinion they don’t pay enough for what they do on a daily which is stocking, register, angry customers, price changes, etc. they expect a lot in a short amount of time but it is a good way to get experience as manager because they move you up pretty fast.

healthcare, district managers

Negative and demeaning

It was a very toxic work environment. The manager was very negative and mean. I would never recommend anybody to work there. No matter how well I performed it was never good enough

Very Versatile Career Path

All positions participate in regular stocking and cleaning of the store. You get to really know your customers. With a smaller store finding products for customers is easier. lots of benefit programs.

Lots of Benifits, Schedule Stability

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

Long days

Absolutely no family life. As a store manager scheduled 48 hours worked more like 60 to 70 a week on salary. Insurance was expensive. They expected you to be alone in the store and run register put away freight help customers and all the other tasks that need to done.

No help when you ask
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

If you like working for basically free.. SIGN UP.

The workload is tremendous and the pay does NOT MATCH. You’ll run the register and work the floor. Sometimes you’re stuck by yourself for hoursssss. Customers complain about the store being “unpacked” but they don’t understand that with two people on a shift it’s impossible. Trucks come weekly, sometimes two in a day!

Unprofessional

Long hours, minimal staff. The daily role of a store manager is cashier and stocker in addition to payroll, bank deposits, scheduling, data maintenance, employee relations, etc.

Worst job

This was by far one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had! Things were so unorganized and management sucked so bad there! As a cashier you never got help when you needed it

Corporate.

This company...Things would get bad and I would tell myself that it would get better. It never did. Corporate does not give enough hours for all necessary tasks to be completed. One person has to do the job of 3 people. There is also no security at all. The scheduling is also highly inconsistent, and it is impossible to make plans because Store Managers are allowed to change schedules with little or no notice.

Not good

Was ok to get out the house but definitely not long term. Very fast paced which I like but they abuse it if you do your job to a T and others dont...

I do not recommend!

Not a good company to work for.. I stuck it out only to benefit myself for my future career I’m in now. They expect salary pay managers work way over the paid hourly amount. Quick to take bonus checks away.

Plusy

Health insurance in full time

Exploitation !!
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

I literally cannot stand this job

Im a young college student, this was my first job with a chain business and it was the worst choice. The pay is subpar for the amount of work that you do. The managers and cooperate are not helpful when it comes to being considerate to the employees. At the end of the day it feels like you are a body on the floor instead of an actual human being.

Kind Customers.

Minusy

Poor Managment, Pay, Treatment of Employees, Work Enviornment.

Worst Company I've worked for

Stay away! Worst company ever and the benefits are terrible and expensive. They try to force you to be cross trained as a order picker and other roles for no extra money. Production is very high to the point you could get into an accident trying to achieve it

Minusy

Pay, benefits, barely any PTO your first year
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Great place to make a big paycheck

The distribution center is a great place for a big paycheck but you'll most likely be doing forced OT every week, sometimes 6 days a week 12 hours a day. However, they're very flexible for students and will work with you're school schedule.

Corporate issues

Corporate doesn't support their employees needs. And expects more for less in hours employees and pay. New DM is a screwball and does not know what a team is.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

They treat employees horrible.

They don't respect employees and most customers. They'll work you by yourself even if its against policy. They don't care what happens to you and even if you have a family they'll work you ragged.

Just dont

Not room for advancement and if your great they will work you to death. No work life balance and you have to do everything and it’s not worth it and very low pay

No value

Outside management cares little about employees. Work alone 85% of the time when 2 employees are said to be required. Very little hours are given for management to sadly staff store. Very dangerous for employees working alone.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Not a good place to work

There are only a few spots in DG that are full time, these areas are full case (exspect massive over time and no home life, because when you are home, you are too exhausted or just recuperating to work another 50+ hours). In full case the areas you pick from will have other product that does not belong. If you pick that and get caught on an audit (even though I was were you were told to pick) that becomes a write up for a miss pick. Most people only survive less than 1 year in this department. If you reach 2 years it is because you are doing other functions in the building. You do not leave until everything is picked so 4:30pm you might not leave till 5:30pm, add that to your mandatory 50 hours. There is the cycle counting and with that you could be in repack or full case up in the air or down on the ground, there is also over time for this department. The last full time position is back in recycling. Repack there is work but they go home early most days. They are also required to work 5 days but they do not get the overtime on the 5th day because of how much they go home. Inbound has had a lot of less than 50 hours most times they make less than 40. There is the option of working in another department, instead of going home and making your hours. In all for what we do and the money we make and the lack of quality home time it really does not justify what we do. Make no mistake they all have quotes to make and it is just as hard to meet. Deception is something they do in the interview making it seem like you don't do as much overtime as you do. They hide a lot -

Very busy

I feel that we are over worked and under payed. I feel like the only thing we ever have time for is freight freight freight. The store I work for gets two and sometimes three freight trucks and two cooler trucks every week. We hardly ever have time to make the store look nice because there's always freight everywhere and we work really hard to try and keep our store clean and organized and in the past 6 months that I've been there out of 2 years it has really gone downhill. And it's not our fault it's the company's fault for over stocking the store. And that goes for all stores
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Dollar General. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena