Cummins

Oceny wg kategorii

3,7Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (4353)

Good place for beginner

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
Diverse culture, work life balance is also great, but compensation could be more aggressive. Overall it is a great company to start your career, especially after college

Great culture

slow career development
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Easy job, alot of hours.

Cummins is an all right company, just be prepared to work everyday. They give vacation and some sick time, but once that is gone your best bet is to just call out.

Good pay

Good pay..Pay for your school classes..holiday pay..fmla pay if needed..they donate to community..they offer all shifts..you can get the hours if you work in right dept

Work allllll the time
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

They do not have good ethics

Co- worker's and managers set you up for failure. They tend to make you look bad for their errors. I was excited about working here until after 1 months employment. Branch manager is no good.

Excellent Personal Development Opportunities

My role was a year long placement as a design engineer. The role was really interesting and enabled me to develop a multitude of skills in areas such as design, CAD and project management.

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

Very achieving and goal orientated job. Lots of opportunities with a great work enviroment

A typical day at this job involves a lot of meetings. You are communicating with lots of people on daily basis. You can also do all your busy work in a cubical.

Free coffee, and tea

Poor manager

Interesting products but poor management. People are only got noticed if you are dealing with customers directly. Managers even encourages people to find other roles to move on if you want a promotion.

Not enough pay

People were cool, pay sucked. The job was easy on most days but for doing overnights, the pay was way too little. Sometimes had to work 6 or even 7 days a week.

Ambiente de trabajo pesado

La gente se enfoca más en encontrar culpables en lugar de resolver problemas.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

They will work you to death

I had high hopes for working at Cummins Turbo Plant in SC. They work you so much and morale is low. As a Lead, you can only have two off at the same time which means you may go 4 weeks without having 1 day off and that’s unacceptable and dangerous. The place is clean and safe and they paid me very well but some of the operators are insubordinate and it falls back on the lead. You would tell people one thing and they would do another and then try to throw you under the bus. Some of the senior operators believe they are above listening to the lead and it’s not worth trying to make an effort over.

Good pay Nice team members

Minusy

Lack of equipment Lack of downtime Lots of experienced workers quitting for other jobs
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Good enjoyable place to work lots of work to be getting on with. The work can be boring and its the same engines being worked on most of the time. Great work life balance and people were friendly.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Small location of a large company

There was no one to train me when I began, however I was able to manage enough to proceed with daily tasks. This place is what you make of it. I have personally enjoyed working here and working with the people here. Management is appreciative of my role and the benefit package is outstanding.

Plusy

Benfit package begins day one of employment

Minusy

Most training is done through an online program. HR and AP are at a central location.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Listen to your senior technicians

Cummins isn’t a bad place to work depending on which branch you end up working. Some branches will equip you better for your future at the company. Stuff like tooling and training are hard to come by at some locations. Also, be ready to teach yourself and pay attention to the older techs that work with you, you will rely on them a lot in your first year or two. The pay and benefits are pretty good compared to other places you could work as a diesel technician. It’s not a bad place to work, you just need to be the squeaky wheel to get what you want. Don’t be afraid to ask for things, but be ready to not receive them in a timely manner.Your managers are easy to get along with. They definitely appreciate your work. If you treat them with respect you will receive respect in return. They are probably the most reasonable company I’ve ever worked for when it comes to vacation time, you have a limited amount but they are very understanding if it is last minute.

Lots of OT

If you are single without children it is a great place to make money.You will work 19 days with 2 days off. And unless you have seniority you don't get to choose where you work.

Good benefits and Pension plan

Overall good benefits and health insurance. Managers don't provide environment for growth. Good parental leave. Picnic for fun. Group leader ensured about whether I came into office at sharp 8AM. Group leader pointed out mistakes but never guided.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

A dinosaur in terms of compensation

Far behind on pay/compensation to attract and retain top talent compared to other competitors and industries. Low 401k match for a company of this size

Upbeat and always busy

Manager are lenient but do expect you to be able to pick up your share of work assignment. There is always work but some people don't pick up there own slack. Culture can improve. I loved it here. I regret leaving. I had wonderful coworkers. I wish there was an opening.

Great work environment

Minusy

Pay increases need to improve.

Good pay

The pay was very well, if you're not from the area your training might not be the best. Overtime was always mandatory and sometimes you only get two days off a month.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Basic assembly line type work

You should expect to work 6-7 days a week. Overall good company. Growth potential is there if you're willing to learn and take on more responsibility, meaning work more.

Productive and fun sometime

Cummins is a very good company. You will get full support from the management, HR for any kind of problem personal or professional. You will be paid fairly for everything what is yours. And you personal and professional development will be increased for sure.

Dog eat dog

The atmosphere at the place is constantly fighting to keep your job, management constantly threatening with job loss if overtime isn't completed. Overall money is good but it's not a life time job if you have a family etc....

Canteen

Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Cummins. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena