Bain & Company

Oceny wg kategorii

3,4Równowaga praca/życie

Sortuj według

przydatnościocenydaty
Wyświetlono wszystkie opinie (205)

Great place to learn

Wyróżniona opinia Indeed

Najbardziej przydatna opinia według Indeed
Bain is a fantastic place to start a career, you will learn plenty of hard skills and get to interact with senior management at the clients. Would recommend to anyone who is okay with a job with more hours than average.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Difficult job but well worth it

Bain is honestly a great place to work at. The people are great, the work is interesting and the benefits are also amazing. The worst part is the hours but if you know what you're getting into that shouldn't be a problem.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Hard work, lots of learning / advancement

This is an amazing company - the people are truly remarkable and I admire my coworkers so much. You will learn a ton and be challenged every day. Expect to work hard but get lots out in return - especially amazing exit opportunities.

Plusy

Amazing benefits and work culture; smart colleagues

Minusy

Very intense and hard work, with long hours
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Great work culture and great PD opportunities

They have a great work culture and know how to take care of their employees, trulty said once a baine always a bainee! Supportive collegues and immense PD opportunities

Great experience

I was taught many important skills during my time as a summer intern. My managers supported me, and added responsibilities as I proved myself as competent. I was compensated well, and there was a great work culture.

free breakfast, coffee

Oceń swoją ostatnią firmę

Podziel się swoimi doświadczeniami, aby pomóc innym

Overrated

Good to have on the resume but overrated workplace. Long hours and you’re expected to just go with it. Any feedback you give gets a log of pushback. Advancement not as quick as it should be.

Productive and structured

My experience has been rewarding and inspirational. I appreciated the the opportunities for growth in the company and the warm welcome and hospitality

Entertainment and motivation

None at all

Great place to work at

Smart people around, impactful work for big conglomerate clients, good work culture, respectful about personal lifeIf long hours, fairly compensated with light workload in the following weeks

I give Bain 1 star

If your not a Eletrician, it don’t matter to brain. The pay scale is very low for the skills you bring to the company. Your skill level don’t matter

Plusy

No looking over your shoulders

They are not truthful
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Productive, nice management and culture

I love working at Bain because you have opportunity to advance in your career, and are provided the resources to do so. Management also cares about the employees. However, the work life balance is not so great.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Fun place to work with strong support, but stressful!

Hard work! It is difficult to establish a work life balance, but relative to other corporate jobs with this much learning, it is hard to find somewhere with a better culture!

Hierarchical, unsatisfying, and political

ACs are given very little responsibility and are expected to fit a specific mold to fit in socially (i.e., frat bro). The people are nice but the work culture is highly politicized, with the staffing manager and your assigned PD coach often penalizing you unfairly on reviews, putting you on burner cases, or staffing you with unsupportive managers, if they don't like you as a person. You learn very little about how businesses operate and more on how to make pretty slides and Excel models. Would not recommend given the low pay compared to finance / tech jobs and high hours. Now that I'm on the buyside, we do not hire Bain consultants because their materials are clearly recycled shell decks with no useful insights. Given how expensive they are, there are other consultants who complete the same quality of work for a lower price
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Great learnings, good fun, hard work

Pros:- Colleagues are extremely smart + motivated + socially skilled, absolutely a pleasure to work with and a combination that is hard to find anywhere else. Bain differentiates vs. direct competitors especially on that last element and clients recognize this- Diverse assignments in terms of client, industry, topic, role and team composition. You're not being asked to specialize until the senior manager level, which is great for diverse experiences initially. Specialization later on comes at a natural moment when you take on increasing project and client responsibility- Family-like culture that goes beyond just being good colleagues, especially in Amsterdam. This is reinforced because of the staffing model that is more local than McK or BCG. Many friendships for life are built. There is so much social activity that you'll have to be selective to not drown in it- High flexibility in the career path you want to take - much more so than at McK and BCG at the time I worked there- Good compensation, roughly at par with McK and BCGCon:The hours are the biggest drawback. The Amsterdam office aims for a 55 hour average work week and takes action when hours escalate. However, in the end it remains a personal responsibility. You have the choice between a 80, 90 or 100% solution and there is always another challenge to tackle if you want. There is quite some variation in hours between colleagues based on their personal preferences, ability to do the 80% solution and ability to say 'no'. In the end, it's in your own hands. And of course there will always be the occasional spike -
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Lavoro duro ma stimolante, evitare di entrare da Intern

Lavoro molto impegnativo e demanding (come c'è da aspettarsi da una società di questo calibro). Tuttavia a causa dell'emergenza covid il non avere rimborso pranzo o ticket restaurant è fastidioso, soprattutto da Intern non milanese e che quindi, con le spese di affitto della casa si avrà problemi ad arrivare a fine mese.

Plusy

Persone super brillanti e lavoro con aziende di primo piano

Minusy

Intensità del lavoro e stress, no buoni pasto quando in sede

Great culture and team

The team is great to work with and the culture is fantastic. The office I worked with always felt like a family - people genuinely looking out for each other.

Fun place to work

No salary equality. Poor performance review management. NO work life balance. SHould look to improve culture. Some people are smart some are dumb. Managers dont bother about the growth of employees
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

I enjoy working here, it is interesting work. Has great people. However, it is long hours.Get to travel, and build up points.Great workplace culture. Everyone wants us to succeed.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Great company to work for

Supportive culture, leadership is always looking to improve and grow the company and culture. Engaging projects with amazing clients, working on their toughest & most interesting problems

Plusy

Incredibly satisfying work, great company culture

Minusy

Challenging job, and demands long hours (at times)

Awesome collaborate work

work from home job, did it between school and career. they were well run, no complaints. My experience working as a summer intern at Bain was overall very positive. There was a great summer intern program that helped to keep the interns very engaged and made me feel supported.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Not worth the sacrifices, no matter how much they pay

At least on my cases, I didn't feel valued, I didn't feel like I was learning much if anything, and I didn't feel like I was actually helping the client except by being an extra set of hands to do work they just didn't have capacity for, or to do the dirty work of finding a rationale for (or actually making) unpopular decisions. The travel felt unnecessary sometimes (as evidenced by the company still doing fine during lockdown with no travel or in-person teams whatsoever) and the hours were unreasonable. Some managers/senior managers were nice and helpful, others were clueless or just not good leaders. The money was great, yes, and the benefits were good, but it wasn't worth the sacrifices for me.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Bain really is the best place to work

Great place to work. Although very fast-paced and challenging, there is a supportive culture and a relatively low-ego environment. Great place to start your career and progress quickly.
Czy ta opinia była pomocna?

Chcesz dowiedzieć się więcej o pracy tutaj?

Zadaj pytanie dotyczące pracy lub rozmowy kwalifikacyjnej w Bain & Company. Nasza społeczność jest gotowa odpowiedzieć.Zadaj pytanie

Ogólna ocena

Porównaj Bain & Company z

• Firmy
  • Bain & Company
  • Opinie pracowników
Jak możemy poprawić tę stronę?
Co Twoim zdaniem należałoby dodać lub zmienić?